Angel Simeonov Kalaidjiev – Managing Partner
Specialization: Commercial Transactions; Bank Law; Obligation Law; Foreign Investments; Securities; Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski”, Faculty of Law (1984), admitted (1985);
- Specialized Private and Commercial Law in “Soka” University, Tokyo, Japan, Exchange Program (1986-1987);
- A dissertation for candidate’s degree, “Suretyship”, 1990;
- University of Missouri – Columbia School of Law, USA; John Marshal Fellowship Program (1991 - 1992);
- Two seminars on Financial Transactions Law, organized by the International Monetary Fund, Vienna, Austria (1996, 1998);
- Doctor of Legal Sciences with the dissertation book “The Cashless Payment”, 2001
- Legal Counsel, Customs Department, Ministry of Finance (1993-1995);
- Legal Counsel for negotiations with GATT (WTO), Ministry of Trade (1996);
- Legal Counsel, Ministry of Finance (Member of the Bulgarian Delegation to the Subcommittee for Financial Services in Brussels, Belgium), 1997;
- Consultant under the Phare Program “Approximation of Bulgarian Legislation to EC Law”, Phare contract No 96-0431.00 – assistance provided to the Ministry of Justice with regard to the Securities Law, the Bank Law, the Draft of the New Currency Law (1997 - 1998);
- Legal Counsel, Privatization Agency (2000 - 2001);
- Expert to the Commission of Economics to the National Assembly (1995 - 2005) – participation in drafting of all laws attributed to the Commission;
- Participation in working groups commissioned by IRIS, MSI, the Center for Democracy Researches, the Bulgarian Economic Financial Supervision Commission, Ministry of Finance to work on the following laws: Law on Liens (1995 - 1996), Banks and Credit Activity Act (1997), Law on Medium and Small Enterprises (1998), Law on Public Offering of Securities (1999), Law on Crafts (2001), Law on Electronic Document and Electronic Signature (2001), Money Transfers, Electronic Payment Instruments and Payment Systems Act (2004), Lawyers Act (2004), Insurance Code (2005,) Law on Electronic Commerce (2006), Commercial Register Act (2006), Financial Guarantee Act (2006).
- Participation in international arbitration procedures as an expert in Bulgarian legislation.
- Doctor of Legal Sciences (2001);
- Professor of Civil and Commercial Law, Faculty of Law, Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski”;
- Attorney-at-law, Sofia Bar Association (1992 - );
- Arbitrator for domestic and internal cases, Court of Arbitration, Bulgarian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Sofia;
- Deputy-Chairman of the Arbitration Court with the Central Depositary, Sofia;
- Member of the Ethical Commission of Bulgarian Petrol and Gas Association;
- Legal Counsel of the European Integration Commission of the Bulgarian Parliament Legal Counsel, Bank Organization for Payments Initiated by Cards (subsidiary of the Bulgarian National Bank);
- Member of the Consultative Council to the Chief Prosecutor dealing with the compliance of the legislation with the Constitution;
- Expert to the Commission of European Integration, Bulgarian National Assembly;
- Member of the Legal Certainty Group of the European Commission of matters of legal security in clearing and settlement;
- Member of the Editorial Board of “Business Law” (monthly digest)
- Consultant of the Editorial Board of “Market and Law” (monthly digest)
Publications: See publications
Foreign Languages: English, French, Russian.
Practice Areas: Commercial Law; Obligation Law; Securities; Banks and Bank Law; Mergers and Acquisitions; International Corporate and Commercial Law; Joint Ventures; Foreign Investments; Privatization.